House glass repair is important to everyone. Damaged glass windows and doors opens up a weak spot in your home’s security – making it vulnerable to more attention from the wrong people and weather; it looks horrible; and most importantly, creates an unsafe environment for you, your family and guests.
House Glass Can Be Repaired 24/7
Vandalism or accidents around the home can happen at any time – often when it’s most inconvenient. While it’s difficult to avoid these kinds of incidents, Big Kev’s Glass can repair glass around the home at any time of the day or night.
Big Kev’s Glass can repair the following types of glass at any time.
- Doors (including sliding doors)
In times of emergency, say to a shattered front window or door, Big Kev’s Glass may install temporary emergency shutters to secure your property, keep out the elements and make the area safe again.
House glass repair is very cost-effective
Your decision to repair a window or glass correctly within the existing trim will have many benefits in the future.
Larger windows may come with a larger replacement cost at first, but the decision to divide the large area into many smaller ones will lower the overall value of your home. A loss in value will cost your more than you expected!
Likewise with patterns, colours and older windows. Repairing glass with an odd or incorrect style will also have a negative effect on your home’s value.
While you will receive a repair bill up-front, over time, the right decision to call in professionals will help your home retain (and if you’re lucky, grow) its value.
Glass repair isn’t something you should DIY
DIY Glass repair comes with potential hazards, and work with any sort of glass requires many skills for a flawless result.
- Working with broken glass comes with its obvious safety issues. You need to have the right equipment (Eg. gloves) to remove the broken glass safely and properly.
- Once you have cleared the broken glass, you’ll need to measure the size of the new piece of glass. Measuring a window might seam easy, but when it comes to repairing a completely shattered tabletop, balustrade, or other item, you will find that it’s very difficult to measure something that no longer has a shape, frame or boundary.
An expert will know the correct way to measure, with experience to ensure the final result is perfect. Measuring wrong can see the cost of repair rise substantially!
- Transporting glass is tricky when you don’t have the right vehicle. Bumps in the road can see your new glass break.
- The right equipment is a must to avoid any breaks on installation.
- Remember that there are many types of glass with different safety standards. The wrong glass can end up becoming a hazard to you and your family.
House glass repair can be done at any time of day, any time of week. Contact the experts at Big Kev’s Glass for cost-effective repairs to any glass around your home.